Follow @Chrisscherr

4.26.2013


This vignette was written by the mastermind that is my longest living friend, Brian Zubek. He has been a friend to myself, and the Scherr family forever. (Fun Fact: He is exactly one year and one day older than me. I am the reason my parents couldn't make it to his 2nd birthday party. He's still not over that.)
 I was pleasantly surprised to find this in my email this morning. For your viewing pleasure I give you Brian's quick interpretation on the conversation that led to the Buffalo Bills' first draft choice in the NFL '13 draft - E.J Manuel.

(NOTES: I have copied and pasted this entirely from my email. Any scholars who feel insulted towards any grammar, spelling, or the way this was written- I would be happy to forward your disgust to Brian personally.)

KEY:
R: Ralph Wilson, Owner, Ladies Man. 

B: Buddy Nix, General Manager. Soon to be Ex-General Manager

T: Tom Scherr (Also in photo- Matt Scherr and the red shirt I never wore again)

R - "Hey Buddy, have you ever noticed that people who live in Buffalo always retire to Florida?"

B - "Hmm Ralph, I never thought of that... Yeah i guess so. Even that guy who parks cars wants to go there"

R - "What was his name?"

B -"Thurman Scheer?"

R -"No, No Thomas... that's it... Get Me Tom Scherr"

{Enter Tom}

T -"Hey whats up Ralph, Buddy... I'm kind of busy parking cars here to support my deadbeat son and my good as dead ma. What do you want"

R -"We hear you want to go to Florida, Why is that?"

T - "Oh... We'll all Buffaloians want to go to Florida"

B/R -"Hmmm...."

R -"Hear me out here. Now what if we brought Florida you you? What that do anything for you?"

T -"I'm Listening"

R - " Tom, Buddy, listen to this: We trade DOWN in the draft and bring up this EJ Manuel guy From Florida"

R - "OK, OK.. I follow you! It sounds a lot like Eli Manning.. so that's something... AND since he's FROM Florida where Buffaloians have been spending their winters already - the public will connect right away!"

T- "You guys are idiots..."

{Exit Tom}
{Tom in parking lot parking cars listens in to Attendant Chatter}

A1 - "I'm pretty sure we'll make the playoffs this year
A2 - "For sure! Did you hear we drafted Eli Januel?!?! That guys from Florida!"
A3 - "Oh man Flordia? We're going all the way"

T- "You guys are idiot...s"

Thanks for your contribution Brian. I smell a sitcom....
A1 played by Brian Zubek
A2 played by Christopher Scherr
A3 played by Helen Mirren

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Another attempt to leave a blemish on the vast electrical canvas, that is cyberspace. Follow along as I wreak mindless cruelty to the english language with my idiotic internet graffiti. I am a 20-something whatchamacallit. If you like any of this, you may like Buffalo Sketch Comedy. The group I helped create with the unimaginative name. Check it out either way.